SETUP: Google Fit integration is enabled in Settings > Services. When connecting with Fit you are asked whether you like to synchronize your past records. This is currently limited up to 3 years. Otherwise all new sleep records are synchronized with Fit.
- Upload your sleep data into Google Fit
- Download 3rd party sleep data from Fit into Sleep as Android
- Automatic synchronization of the #sport tag based on your fitness activity recorded in Google Fit
- Heart rate import and export
NOTE: Data sync between two devices using Google Fit is unsupported.
When does sync occur?
There are two sync methods:
- normal sync: saves data for the past 2 weeks. Happens everytime sleep tracking ends, or when you create a sleep record manually. Also everytime you start the app, if a sync did not happen in the past 24 hours.
- full sync: saves data for the past 3 years. Can be triggered from Settings > Services > Google Fit (you have to toggle off and on) > Upload (button in the lower right corner)
NOTE: Heart rate data are saved only for the past 7 days in both normal and full sync (they are computationally intensive).