The Samsung Gear addon is back on the Gear store. It supports Gear S, Gear S2 and Gear Fit 1.
Gear Fit 2 is not supported yet.
Find it under name Sleep as Android – Native Gear Companion.
Also make sure to install Sleep as Android – Gear Addon on your phone.
How to install the Sleep as Android Samsung Gear S2 add-on:
According to several of our users, the S2 addon can be run by going through the following. You can also check the forum thread on this addon.
- Download and install the Tizen IDE on your PC from Samsung website.
- Enable debugging mode on Gear S2 through Settings screen > Gear Info > Debugging.
- Restart the Gear S2.
- Connect the Gear S2 to your laptop as follows
- Connect your Gear S2 to a phone so it can retrieve the Wi-Fi credentials from the phone
- Turn the Bluetooth off on Gear S2 – the watch will now try to connect to a Wi-Fi network (might not be needed)
- Connect your PC to the same network
- If there is any problem with connecting, please see the official Samsung docs on this or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find the DUID of your device in the Connection Explorer (you might have to right click your device > properties)
- It is not possible to sign the .tpk file (the native package) yourself without the source code, so please send us your DUID (email@example.com) and we’ll build you a special version for your device.
- Download the Gear S2 phone addon (.apk file) and install it on your phone.
NOTE: In case of freezing at “Starting tracking” screen, try to reinstall the app on your watch.