UPDATE 20170217: The watch app is on ConnectIQ store!
Interested in beta testing our integration for Garmin Connect IQ devices?
Before downloading, please read How to beta-test below.
- Download the plugin app for phone from Play Store
- Download the Garmin app for your device and install it by putting it into GARMIN/APPS directory on your device – watch app version 20170127.15
These files are the most up-to-date materials for beta testing.
How to beta-test?
IMPORTANT: First, create an empty text file on your watch in /GARMIN/APPS/LOGS/
The file should be named SleepApp-name_of_your_watch.txt (for example SleepApp-fenix3.txt)
This is an application log – please include this file in any report.
Make sure to remove Garmin Connect Mobile app from any battery optimisation settings!
Run the app, preferably for whole night sleep tracking with alarm and heart rate measurement, and report any erratic behaviour to email@example.com.
Currently known issues
- Garmin Connect Mobile app should be whitelisted from any battery optimisation/task killers, otherwise Android can shut it down, resulting in communication breakdown.
- Sometimes the commlink gets into a broken state anyway and the only way to restore it is to shut down both Android and watch apps and start again. Most probably a Garmin Connect Mobile bug.
- Heart rates in general have large issues.
- When the app starts, it can sometimes crash right away due to some communication initialization failure between the watch OS and GCM.
- Fenix 3 – screen sometimes freezes when exiting app
- Fenix 3 – button for starting/stopping apps should bring up the menu for stopping tracking (does not do anything currently)
- Sometimes stop tracking from phone does not stop the app on watch
- VAHR – During sleep tracking, app has too bright backlight (maximum) — Not sure if I can do anything about this since there is no direct control of brightness level
- VAHR – When starting app from phone, watchapp crashes after tapping on Yes.
- Major rewrite of the phone part to ensure the SDK is always initialized before sending any message to the watch.
- Reverted to polling for heart rates, since callback seems to be unstable on some watches
- Fix in sending pause (caused message loop)
- Fix in menu crashes
- Code cleanup
20170118.18 – watch
- Fixed crashing in menu (when pressing back in menu, app crashed due to badly loaded background image)
- Added on-screen heartrate display for better testing
- Some HR fixes, heart rates should now be sent to phone every 6 minutes
- Added Forerunner 920xt + 735xt
20170118.17 – phone
- Added launcher icon and launch screen to check whether all needed components are installed
- Phone app now able to launch watch app (you need to confirm it on the watch)
- Heart rates should be working (was never working before)